Dental cleaning is the removal of dental plaque and tartar from the teeth that may develop even with careful brushing and flossing, especially in areas that are difficult to reach in routine toothbrushing.
Many people haven't maintained their teeth routinely and unfortunately have dental problems. When the biofilm(plaque, tartar or calculus) is not removed by professional care and daily brushing and flossing, it mineralises. Once this happens, it forms a tenacious bond that can only be removed by the hygienist or dentist.The dental hygienist or dentist will use specialized instruments to gently remove these deposits without harming the teeth.
IDC provides professional teeth cleaning that includes tooth scaling and tooth polishing and debridement if too much tartar has accumulated. Our dentist will carefully examine your teeth and gums, including taking an X-ray inside your mouth. He/she will then do a thorough clean, scale and polish. The scale will be done using hand instruments, or by ultrasonic scaling. Once the plaque has been removed, your teeth will be polished, leaving them feeling smooth and fresh.
We recommend having the teeth professionally cleaned every six months. Between cleanings by a dental hygienist, good oral hygiene helps to prevent cavities, tartar build-up, and gum disease. Your dental hygienist or clinician will then show you how to care for your teeth at home, and will recommend the correct products for you to use.We want you to walk away from your dental treatment feeling happy that you are in good health.
- Early detection of Oral Cancer: Regular dental visits can help detect oral cancer and ultimately save your life.
- Detecting and sterilizing infection: With regular visits we can make sure we detect any infection and sterilize it before it becomes a major problem.
- Avoid bad breath: Frequent teeth cleanings can help you avoid from embarrasment of bad breath.
- Keeping your teeth nice and white: Brushing and flossing can help keep your pearly whites dazzling, but teeth cleanings are definitely a requirement too.
- Remove biofilm and calculus: Last, but certainly not least, is the removal of biofilm.